Raising Films Ribbon
The Raising Films Ribbon is available to people, productions, production companies, festivals and conferences, training schemes and educational institutions. It will be awarded to acknowledge activity that takes into account the needs of parents and carers.
To be eligible for the Raising Films Ribbon your activity needs to focus on one or more of a number of key areas/pledges:
- Building childcare/support for carers into the pre-production, production and/or post-production of film and TV projects.
- Acknowledging and financially supporting parents/carers when working away from home.
- Focusing on building the infrastructure to better support parents/carers working in film and TV.
- Offering flexible working/job-sharing as standard.
- Building awareness of the needs of parents and carers working in film and TV.
- Striving towards the change of established industry norms and embedded workplace culture.
We ask that you use this pledge checklist to initially check that your activity fits with the overall aim of our ribbon award.
How do I apply for the Raising Films Ribbon?
Our aim is to make the process as straightforward and streamlined as possible with a simple online form to complete. See below for the form. We will get back to you with any questions and next steps.
What are the benefits of becoming a recipient of the Raising Films Ribbon?
Recipients of the ribbon will be profiled in the Raising Films newsletter and across social media, through the life of your project or activity. We’ll use your story as part of our overall activities to champion the activities and projects that sit with the ethos of Raising Films. We might ask you to speak at events and we could also put you in touch with other projects looking to work in a similar way.
The Raising Films Ribbon branding will be sent to you for use online, in print and on screen.
The Raising Films Ribbon launched in line with the findings from our We Need To Talk About Caring survey and also to supplement the BFI’s Diversity Standards to shine a light on activities and interventions that are supporting parents/carers.
We have ambitions to introduce a bursary scheme for recipients of the Raising Films Ribbon. We are working on developing this support and updates will be posted here, in our newsletter and on social media.
The Raising Films Ribbon can evolve from feedback and suggestions on how your own work has managed to be inclusive to those with caring responsibilities, so please let us know if there’s anything else we should include in our list of criteria.