DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS NOW 9am MONDAY 16 MARCH!
Raising Films is seeking to support four writers (either individuals or pairs) by providing a free residency space for the week of Monday 20 to Friday 24 April 2020. We are aiming to help those who need some focused time away from their caring responsibilities to advance or complete a writing project, or research / develop ideas for a specific industry opportunity.
These residencies have been made possible by the generosity of members from our community with holiday cottages they are donating for free, and therefore the only cost to the participant will be travel and subsistence. Those requiring financial assistance with caring costs while they are away should apply to the Family Support Fund run by the Film & Television Charity in association with Raising Films.
There are two locations, each with two bedrooms/working spaces and communal areas:
If selected, you will be required to adhere to the rental terms and conditions of each location. Check-in time will be no earlier than 4pm on Monday 20 April and check-out no later than 11am on Friday 24 April. You will be required to leave the property neat and tidy.
Selected participants will be asked to sign a code of conduct / rental agreement and contribute a write-up of their experience, either individually or collectively, to the Raising Films website.
Who can apply?
Each of the two properties on offer can accommodate two people. You are welcome to apply as an individual or in pairs. All applicants must be over 18 and if you are applying as an individual please note on your application if you are happy to be housed with someone of a different gender (you will have individual bedrooms but may need to share a bathroom). If you are applying as a pair, BOTH writers must apply separately and indicate the team on the application form.
We are unable to accommodate any other family members or pets, however small, at any of these locations.
- Please complete the brief application form via the button below.
- Applications close on Monday 16 March at 9pm. An acknowledgment of your application will be sent by email. All applications will be received in strictest confidence.
- Selected participants will be contacted by close of play on Friday 20 March. One additional person will be allocated a waiting list space in case any of the selected participants have to drop out for personal reasons.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be informed as soon as possible. Raising Films regrets that we will not be able to discuss the reasons that an applicant is not selected.
- Your contact details will be kept on file and you will be added to the Raising Films mailing list, from which you can opt out at any time.
A panel comprising of Raising Films founders and team members will review the applications and select the final participants. Their decision will be final.